Meeting the IT support and IT services needs of today’s businesses takes more than some employees with IT knowledge…it takes an organized IT ecosystem with intuitive network & server monitoring, disaster preparedness, business continuity and trained experts to diagnose and remediate issues quickly.
What is a NOC?
A Network Operations Center, or NOC, is the epicenter for all IT management and systems monitoring to ensure your company’s IT infrastructure is running optimally at all times.
A functional NOC should be able to address, at a minimum, the following needs:
- IT Help Desk Services
- Backup Monitoring & Recovery Services
- 24/7/365 Monitoring Services
- Patch Management Services
- Cyber Security Services
- Centralized Ticketing System
- Online Customer Portal
IT Help Desk Services
IT issues are inevitable. There is nothing worse than being in the middle of a project when your system stops working, abruptly ending your productivity. It is the complex nature of technology coupled with the “human factor” that prompts the need to contact your IT Help Desk.
- Business scenario: You get locked out of your computer on a Sunday at 3pm. NexusTek’s NOC provides support 24/7/365. After regular business hours, you would put a call into the main number and choose the option for support or submit a ticket with a brief description of your issue.
Increase your employees’ productivity by allowing them to initiate instant communication with the IT Help Desk staff in the manner of their choice: toll-free phone, email, or online ticket creation.
- Business scenario: You’re in the middle of an important project with the deadline looming over you, then your email freezes. You can do nothing to get it working again. With NexusTek as your IT outsourcing partner, you can get an experienced IT support team member in our NOC to quickly to resolve your issue by submitting your issue directly to them through the online customer portal:
Note: For a IT providers that do not utilize a NOC, managing cases and serving clients quickly and consistently is a big problem. They are mostly reactive and unorganized.
The NOC should streamline your issues with experts that can troubleshoot and perform a root cause analysis to minimize downtime of your people or resources. From the NOC, experienced IT professionals manage requests using an issue tracking system prompted by a customer submitting tickets through the customer portal.
How does a NOC work?
The NOC, managed by an experienced and trained team of engineers, is a business’ primary point of contact for any IT issue and its resolution.
Using best practices, this tool allows the team to always know what’s going on with a transparent and efficient tracking system. Problem resolution and accurate billing is made possible by integrating a NOC and IT Support Staff with CRM while synchronizing all ticket information.
A NOC Offers Other Significant Business Benefits
NOC-centric delivery assures every piece of technology under the support umbrella of your IT provider is monitored in one place, with tests that run constantly to assess the health of all systems. A good NOC can proactively prevent a server infrastructure fault to support system up-time and increased performance.
The current business environment is riddled with cyber threats like Ransomware, Phishing scams and the single hacker seeking revenge or stealing corporate secrets. Top business leaders in both enterprise and the SMB markets are quickly understanding the need for 24/7/365 monitoring and expert management to thwart the ever-evolving and persistent attackers seeking any vulnerabilities.
Monitoring Software and Systems – Swift Resolution
For example, the process of ensuring software and operating systems are properly configured and up-to-date can be automated and monitored from the NOC.
- Business scenario: Patch management is a vital security measure for your business. Servers, workstations, firewalls, etc… need to have constant patches (software updates) pushed and installed onto those devices. This automation process is not trivial and to perform these tasks outside a NOC-centric environment is an arduous task that can consume countless hours of manual labor, greatly impacting IT support spend.
Again, the ability to deliver proactive services that minimize the negative impact of IT issues on your operations is how success is measured in the managed services industry.
Contact us today and set a time to discuss your business technology needs. Call 303-773-6464 or email us at email@example.com