Best practices on protecting your IT and your business with Paul Barrett
What: Bring your questions! We promise a “No Geek speak” presentation that will provide some valuable takeaway information you can put to use right away in your office environment.
When: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 – 3 pm – 5pm
3 pm: Networking and refreshments
3:30 pm: CTA business, introductions and Paul Barrett presentation
4:30 pm: Q and A, conclusion
Where: Microsoft DTC
7595 Technology Way #700
Denver, CO 80237
Register: Call Andrea Brito-Amador at 303-773-6464 or email email@example.com
With 15 years of work experience in the IT industry, Paul Barrett knows what it takes to get the job done when it comes to keeping your IT infrastructure working for you. His expertise includes designing, implementing and supporting back office systems for multiple cross industry clients and managing corporate system infrastructure. His major strengths include creating user and system documentation, managing user issue resolution, identifying system shortcomings and pitfalls, as well as providing technical user training. He has extensive background with system security and risk assessment, corporate document management, disaster recovery planning and a working knowledge of a wide variety of hardware, software and environments. An engineer by profession, Paul is unique in his ability to explain complex information in an easy- to-understand presentation style. He welcomes your questions about your concerns for your own environment, or concerns you have for your clients.
The discussion on IT Security will include:
What IT security threats are out there?
- Brute Force Attacks/Cryptowall –how do they gain access?
- Computer Virus/Spyware
- Unsupported/Legacy Operating Systems – associated risks
- Email Phishing – Email designed to steal financial information
What should we have in place to protect our data?
- Network Password Policies
- Software/System Updates
- Multi-tier Protect Software
- Spam Filtering
- Network Firewall
- Online and Real Time Network Backups
- Special considerations for home offices
- Offsite meetings – security precautions when accessing data while traveling
What can you do to help?
- Attachment precautions
- Important considerations regarding emails discussing financial matters
- Password policies
- How to recognize unusual programs on your computer, and what to do about them
- Backups precautions you can take
- Smart – phones/tablets/laptops – precautions to take, best practices to follow
To register for this event, contact Andrea Brito-Amador at 303-773-6464 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact NexusTek here or call 303-773-6464 for more information about programs that will fit your business needs.