Andover, MA, US
NexusTek is a national, full-service provider of IT solutions to SMB organizations. We excel in tackling the complexities of partially and fully outsourced IT, voice system implementation, cloud enablement and migration, document management, data back-up and protection. At NexusTek, we never forget that even though technology changes, demonstrating integrity never does. We are proud of our past, excited about our future, and confident of our continued success.
We are seeking a skilled Sr. Systems Engineer who works independently to perform a variety of hands-on, technical support responsibilities, requiring a thorough working knowledge of information technology and infrastructure administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires travel to client facilities within the Greater Boston Region.
- Develop detailed functional specifications, design documents, and test plans.
- Consult with technical and business partners and serve as a consulting resource to support client-hosted installations and implementations.
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external customers to define deliverables.
- Support escalation incidents and support on-call duty requirements.
- Accountable for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and billable hours.
- Work closely with project engineering, client services team, management team, and 3rd party vendors to resolve client’s technology issues.
Experience with all or most of the following applications/technologies:
- Ability to install, configure, troubleshoot Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches and associated technologies.
- Ability to install, configure, troubleshoot routers used for internal routing, ISP connectivity and MPLS deployment.
- Ability to install, configure, troubleshoot firewalls.
- Ability to install, configure, troubleshoot wireless solutions.
- Knowledge of ISP new implementation and transition process.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with Wireshark, NMAP and SNMP monitoring tools is desirable
Must possess a relevant combination of education, experience, and training that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field is preferred.
Pay and Benefits:
Our competitive pay and employee benefits program reflects our commitment to attract, motivate, and retain the highest quality and most competent employees. Our employee benefits program includes PPO and HMO medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, 401K Plan and generous paid PTO and holidays.
Join the NexusTek Team! Complete and submit this form to get started.