Andover, MA, US
NexusTek is a national, full-service provider of IT solutions to SMB organizations. We excel in tackling the complexities of partially and fully outsourced IT, voice system implementation, cloud enablement and migration, document management, data back-up and protection. At NexusTek, we never forget that even though technology changes, demonstrating integrity never does. We are proud of our past, excited about our future, and confident of our continued success.
We are seeking a skilled Service Desk Engineer II to provide technical support for the Company’s clients. This role is a remote support, telephone-based position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent support via telephone and email for tier I and tier II level tickets.
- Address system alerts generated by the Company’s monitoring systems.
- Assist clients in troubleshooting Windows server issues such as Active Directory, DNS, VMWare and Hyper-V, backup, DR, and common client/server applications including MS Office and G-Suite.
- Assist clients in troubleshooting networking issues such as SonicWall, VPN/firewalls, Cisco routers/switches, and other Internet-related problems.
- Assist clients in troubleshooting workstation, peripheral, and mobile device issues such as Office 365, Windows 7/10, standard and proprietary applications, desktop and laptop hardware, printers, scanners, fax devices, and mobile devices such as iPhone, Windows Mobile, and Android.
- Maintain comprehensive notes in ConnectWise and update cases as needed until resolved.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in information technology and administration.
The following skills are desirable:
- VMWare or other virtualization technology
- Cloud services such as CloudStack, Microsoft Azure, Office365, AWS
- Backup technologies from Symantec, Axcient, Intronis, Carbonite, Infrascale
- Windows Server Operating Systems (Server 2008, 2012 and 2006) and Windows 10
- Microsoft networking technologies and server/PC hardware diagnostics
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016
- Mobile device service and support.
The candidate must possess a relevant combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Pay and Benefits:
Our competitive pay and employee benefits program reflects our commitment to attract, motivate, and retain the highest quality and most competent employees. Our employee benefits program includes PPO medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, 401K Plan and generous paid PTO and holidays.
Join the NexusTek Team! Complete and submit this form to get started.