Irvine, CA, US
NexusTek is a national, full-service provider of IT solutions to SMB organizations. We excel in tackling the complexities of partially and fully outsourced IT, voice system implementation, cloud enablement and migration, document management, data back-up and protection. At NexusTek, we never forget that even though technology changes, demonstrating integrity never does. We are proud of our past, excited about our future, and confident of our continued success.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director, Solutions Engineering, the Technology Consultant performs a key role in developing technical solutions for the Company’s customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Specialize in a deep understanding of the Company’s technology solutions and services portfolio to best address the client’s needs.
- Evaluate and combine products and solutions for clients from our preferred vendors.
- Assess technical environments and make recommendations to current clients and prospective clients.
- Partner with the Client Executives, Regional Directors, and Business Development Specialists to deliver excellent service to current and prospective clients.
- Accountable for the analysis, preparation, and delivery of quarterly Technical Business Reviews (TBR) for each client in the assigned portfolio.
- Create technical plans and budgets that map to the client or prospective clients’ business goals.
- Educate the internal and external customers on best practices and solution capabilities.
- Participate with the sales team on early-stage prospect interactions.
- Consult with technical and business partners.
- Ensure ongoing satisfaction with and eventual realization of solutions and products that were articulated during the sales and onboarding process.
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external customers to define deliverables.
- Interface with internal clients such as sales, account management, service, and field staff as well as external clients.
- Serve as consulting resource to support client-hosted installations and implementations.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality service. Demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Initiate and prepare accurate documentation, reports, schedules, time and expense tracking, and spreadsheets as directed or required by client needs, departmental procedures, and Company policy.
Qualifications/Skills:Must be comfortable and articulate in client-facing situations and confident in presenting in illustrative formats including effective whiteboard presentations. Must be highly detailed with the ability to ask the right questions, articulate how the technology works together and establish solutions that fit the client’s budget. Must be knowledgeable with the following technologies:
- Microsoft-based servers and workstations
- Active Directory
- MS Office 365
- Network firewalls and managed switches
- SAN Administration
- Switching and routing
- Backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Cloud-based technologies
- Virtualization technologies
Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.Ability to demonstrate professional written and verbal skills.Experience in developing detailed functional specifications, design documents, and test plans including Statement of Work (SOW) and Bill of Materials (BOM) is desirable.
Must possess a relevant combination of education, experience, and training that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field is preferred.
Pay and Benefits:
Our competitive pay and employee benefits program reflects our commitment to attract, motivate, and retain the highest quality and most competent employees. Our employee benefits program includes PPO and HMO medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, 401K Plan and generous paid PTO and holidays.
Join the NexusTek Team! Complete and submit this form to get started.