Identifying potential threats are vital for an organization’s proactive security and data management measures.
What is a Vulnerability Assessment?
A vulnerability assessment identifies and classifies security holes in a computer network infrastructure. Vulnerability assessments can also forecast the effectiveness of countermeasures and evaluate their actual effectiveness after they are put into use.
Vulnerability assessments define and classify networks, assign relative levels of importance to resources, identify potential threats to each resource, develop a strategy to deal with the most serious potential problems first, and define and implement ways to minimize the consequences if an attack occurs.
December 03, 2015 – Dorkbot
US-Cert Alerts & Tips
Up to the minute alerts from United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team, responding to major incidents, analyzing threats, and exchanging critical cybersecurity information with trusted partners around the world. www.us-cert.gov (CERT RSS FeedRSS Feed)
- Vulnerability: January 18, 2017, Oracle Releases Security Bulletin
- Vulnerability: January 16, 2017, SMB Security Best Practices
- Vulnerability: December 29, 2016, GRIZZLY STEPPE – Russian Malicious Cyber Activity
- Vulnerability: December 22, 2016, FTC Releases Alert on Fake Apps for Mobile Devices
- Vulnerability: December 20, 2016, VMware Releases Security Update
- Vulnerability: December 13, 2016, Microsoft Releases December 2016 Security Bulletin
- Vulnerability: December 12, 2016, McAfee Releases Security Bulletin for Virus Scan Enterprise
- Vulnerability: October 15, 2015, Drydex P2P Malware
- Vulnerability: August 30, 2015, Controlling Outbound DNS Access
- Vulnerability: April 30, 2015, Securing End-to-End Communications
- Vulnerability: May 6, 2015, Top 30 Targeted High Risk Vulnerabilities