Protect Your Employees & Data
In this digital age, protecting your company’s data from cyber criminals has become as important as safeguarding your physical assets. It can be difficult to determine how to protect your business fully because cyber threats come in so many different forms and are changing all the time. Cyber criminals can attack anywhere they find a vulnerability, such as through email, through endpoints like laptops and mobile phones, or through direct penetration of your network.
If your cyber security solutions only partially cover the full range of vulnerabilities, then you are leaving the door open for hackers to gain access to sensitive information stored in your systems. This includes employee, company, and client data, which cyber criminals use for purposes like opening fraudulent credit accounts or illegally transferring funds. This is not to mention ransomware attacks that can immobilize your IT systems, shut down your operations, and destroy vital company data.
Having a comprehensive cyber security strategy is the key to protecting your company’s data, and NexusTek can assist you to develop the perfect arsenal of defenses. NexusTek’s cyber security services keep your data safe and secure, so that you can focus on running your business.
NexusTek Offers Cyber Security Services in the Following Areas:
Cyber Security Solutions
Cyber criminals are using increasingly sophisticated methods to gain access to companies’ data, making “set it and forget it” approaches like antivirus software inadequate to protect against the cyber threats of today. Protecting against the multifold and ever-changing threats to your company’s cyber security requires a combination of proactive and reactive measures. NexusTek’s cyber security solutions can be tailored to fit your company’s specific IT landscape, offering you advanced forms of protection against the whole spectrum of cyber security threats.
Cyber Security Training
Employees are the #1 source of cyber risk for companies, and hackers persistently exploit this vulnerability through use of tactics referred to as social engineering campaigns. Social engineering refers to manipulative communications from hackers, sent through channels like email or text message, that play upon employees’ natural emotions and fears.
By evoking feelings of fear, anxiety, or urgency, hackers trick employees into clicking on malicious links or sharing company credentials. It only takes one mistake to give a hacker access to your company systems, making cyber security awareness training an essential element of your cyber security solutions repertoire.
Would you like to learn about Employee Cyber Security Awareness Training?
Businesses of all sizes are vulnerable to cyber attacks and benefit from cyber security solutions that protect against threats. Hackers may actually find small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to be more attractive targets because SMBs often use less sophisticated cyber security solutions in comparison with larger companies. Unfortunately, successful attacks on SMBs can often amount to existential threats. In fact, 60% of small businesses that experience a cyber attack close within the next 6 months1, making comprehensive cyber security services important for SMBs as well as large companies.
Phishing is one form of social engineering, in which threat actors send emails to individuals with the intent of tricking them into taking actions like clicking on links, downloading attachments, or sharing sensitive information like passwords or account numbers. In phishing attacks on employees, hackers often use official titles and even company branding to create an air of authority that employees may find believable and persuasive. Smishing is a similar form of social engineering that uses text messages to manipulate the target of the attack. Because hackers are constantly changing their methods, the best cyber security solutions to combat phishing and smishing are a combination of awareness training and proactive monitoring.
The following are included in NexusTek’s cyber security solutions:
- Cyber Security Consulting & Risk Assessment: With cyber threats coming from all sides, NexusTek ensures that all of your bases are covered by providing cyber security consulting to identify all of your company’s sources of risk. Understanding your company’s specific cyber risk profile allows for selection of cyber security solutions that are most important for protecting your business from cyber criminals.
- Proactive and Reactive Cyber Security Monitoring: Because hackers don’t strike while you’re watching, NexusTek’s certified engineers provide 24/7 threat monitoring, alerting you immediately in the event of a breach. Our proactive cyber security services also include managing patches and updates, keeping your systems free from vulnerabilities that cyber attackers can exploit.
- Endpoint Scanning & Protection: Every device that accesses your company’s network creates a point of vulnerability to cyber attacks. It can be challenging for companies to keep track of all endpoints, especially with the rise in remote work and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) practices. NexusTek helps you stay on top of your endpoint management through routine vulnerability scans of the network edge. This gives you peace of mind, knowing that any security gaps will be identified and addressed.
- Managed Cloud Email Security: Email is the pathway that hackers most frequently use to get into a company’s network. NexusTek’s cloud email security solution augments our cyber security awareness training by intercepting suspicious emails, keeping them from reaching your employees’ inboxes.
- Johnson, R. (2019, January 2). 60 percent of small companies close within 6 months of being hacked. Cybercrime Magazine. https://cybersecurityventures.com/60-percent-of-small-companies-close-within-6-months-of-being-hacked/#:~:text=In%20fact%2C%2060%20percent%20of,to%20monitor%20suspicious%20network%20activity.