Cloud and Hosted IT Services
NexusTek has the expertise and experience to provide your business with cloud services that enable scalability, growth, remote and hybrid workforces, and operational efficiencies.
What Is a Cloud Hosting Provider?
A cloud hosting provider offers solutions that maintain some or all of a company’s IT infrastructure in the cloud, including public, private, hybrid, or multi-cloud environments. But, what exactly is “the cloud”? The cloud is a term that refers to a network of servers and storage that are accessible via the internet, and which facilitate access to the full spectrum of IT services a user requires.
For a business, cloud hosting services might provide access to business software, email services, data storage and backup, and other services which are fully monitored and delivered from a secure and reliable location. In contrast with traditional computing, in which businesses maintain their own servers and storage, hosted IT services allow a business to utilize computing power drawn from offsite equipment. Often, cloud hosting companies will also offer full management of that cloud-based IT infrastructure to ensure optimal efficiency and security.
Cloud Models NexusTek Supports
Public cloud hosting offers shared or multi-tenant environments, in which individual servers are partitioned into multiple, separate virtual machines that are simultaneously used to process and store data for multiple organizations.
The NexusTek Cloud offers highly customized cloud hosting services that are delivered within a collaborative provider-customer relationship. With NexusTek Cloud, you can access either single-tenant (i.e., private) or multi-tenant (i.e., shared) cloud environments.
Hybrid & Multi-Cloud
When organizations use a combination of private and public cloud hosting, this is the hybrid cloud model. The use of multiple public cloud providers is referred to as multi-cloud.
Why Nexustek for Cloud and Hosted IT Services?
NexusTek provides a seamless managed IT service that transcends your cloud and on-premises investments. When you partner with NexusTek, you gain access not only to a wide spectrum of cloud solutions, but also to the wealth of expertise our cloud engineers possess. Our experts can provide strategic consulting to help you select the right cloud model and service types to fit your business, equipping you with the infrastructure your business needs to attain its strategic goals. Because NexusTek is more than just a cloud hosting provider, we can seamlessly integrate solutions such as cyber security, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, and managed IT services into a holistic cloud solution that is tailored to fit your business.
NexusTek offers a variety of cloud options:
The Business Value of Cloud Hosting
Learn from the experiences of other NexusTek clients.
NexusTek has been providing cloud hosting services to hundreds of business customers across the country since 1996.
A central difference between cloud computing and traditional computing is that, with the cloud, you do not need your own hardware or even software. You can access the IT solutions you need through an internet connection. This main difference gives rise to several considerable advantages:
- Remote workforce enablement: The growing adoption of remote work has been made possible largely by cloud hosting services that allow businesses to connect workers from any location to the company’s cloud-based networks.
- Reliability: Because cloud computing draws upon data centers with built-in redundancies, users receive much more reliable access with little to no downtime. Furthermore, cloud hosting providers like NexusTek typically provide managed support for companies’ IT infrastructure, which means that any problems that arise can be quickly resolved.
- Convenience: Another key benefit of cloud hosting services is “anywhere, anytime access.” Employees can access their company’s network through any device wherever an internet connection is available. This allows employees to remain connected and productive while away from their workstations.
- Pay-as-you-go: Companies can access cloud services on a pay-as-you-go basis, which means that they only pay for the amount of service they require to run their business. This makes cloud computing more practical for smaller businesses that might lack the resources to acquire their own on-premises equipment and applications.
- Scalability: Another benefit is scalability—as a business grows, it is easy to scale cloud hosting services to meet the company’s needs. Cloud services are similarly easy to scale down if needed. This means that a business is not locked into paying for computing resources that it does not actually need, which is always a risk when using on-premises infrastructure.
NexusTek’s IT consultants evaluate your business needs and goals and make tailored recommendations to your IT environment to address current concerns and future plans. NexusTek not only offers IT consulting services with its experienced engineers but also delivers full IT outsourcing services, from end-user services and managed IT to cloud environments, cybersecurity, and more, making NexusTek your answer for end-to-end IT services, including expert technology advice, trustworthy implementation and maintenance, and passionate customer service.
What is the difference between public cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud, and multi-cloud environments?
A common concern is that moving from on-premises data infrastructure to a cloud hosting arrangement will increase the risk of data breaches. This fear may arise because the day-to-day management of the company’s IT infrastructure is now fully in the hands of the cloud provider. Although turning over the security management of IT infrastructure to a third party may cause some to feel squeamish, the truth is that cloud hosting companies maintain higher security standards than most businesses can manage in their own server rooms. Because data security is essential to cloud hosting providers’ business success, they generally implement multiple practices (e.g., firewalls, antimalware software, 24-hour threat monitoring, security guards, etc.) to safeguard customers’ data. Choosing a cloud provider like NexusTek that implements state-of-the-art security solutions provides a level of data security that is equal to if not higher than what a company can achieve on its own.