There is specialized ERP software available for a wide range of vertical industries.
For projected-based industries such as construction, professional services, operations, field services, U.S. government contractors, etc., Microsoft offers Dynamics SL (formerly Solomon). Microsoft Dynamics SL project management and accounting software helps organizations streamline business processes, estimate projects correctly, and receive insight across entire organizations. Moreover, it is fully integrated with other Microsoft business applications you use on a daily basis.
Here are 10 key competitive advantages that Microsoft Dynamics SL ERP software allows you to do:
1. Customize to meet your own needs –Microsoft Dynamics SL provides built-in customization tools that make it flexible and easy to adapt without extensive development work – along with its out-of-the-box functionality created for your industry-specific needs. You can also integrate multiple data sources and applications using web services and the Microsoft .NET Framework.
2. Manage your projects with more flexibility – Most ERP solutions aren’t created for managing project-based businesses, and most industry-based solutions do not include the accounting tools that you need. Microsoft Dynamics SL brides the gap between industry project-based software and robust accounting capabilities.
3. Ramp up quickly with a role-based, familiar solution – Microsoft Dynamics SL is designed to work similar to, and with, Microsoft Office products such as Outlook and Excel. These are familiar tools that employees will be comfortable using and will adapt to quickly, reducing training time and costs. People will get started right away using role-based menus, activity panes, and quick lists that make it easy to prioritize tasks. An enhanced search feature also allows you to easily find what you need, providing histories of recently-viewed reports and screens.
4.Connect project management with project accounting – Two-way data integration between Microsoft Dynamics SL and Microsoft Project Server offers access to complete project-based data including resources, budgets, revenue, and allocations. Up-to-date information is mapped and kept current in both applications to help ensure accuracy and reduce data entry.
5. Support project-based processes in a new way – Project-driven companies must meet a wide range of requirements for each job including providing status updates, tracking costs and submitting detailed billing data that is compliant with complicated regulatory and industry-specific requirements. Microsoft Dynamics SL is designed to support the intricacies of these project-based requirements and processes – from financial reporting, job-costing, time and expenses, and purchasing materials and services – to managing subcontractors, supervising the workforce and gaining new business.
6. Share information with your whole company – Easily share data across your organization by transforming your document management and going digital. Use a single consolidated screen and gain a comprehensive view of orders, requests, customer information, etc. Quickly store and share key documents such as purchase orders (POs), invoices, and shipping information using Microsoft SharePoint. This eliminates piles of paper and the “silos” that prevent total collaboration. You can ensure that your data is accessible with the ability to centralize and store it in familiar formats such as Microsoft Word, Excel, as well as Adobe PDFs and others.
7. Receive real-time access to key reporting data – Go beyond basic reporting with a host of features and functionalities that are designed to place the information you need right at your fingertips. Get a predefined, role-based view of data by using Quick Query to filter, customize or drill back to an original transaction, and export to Microsoft Excel for further review. Transform your business strategies with quick access to advanced analytics for project, distribution and financial data, making sure that data is current with refreshable analytic cubes. Convert unwieldy volumes of data into concise, relevant information to be shared across your business with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services.
8.Simplify access to compliance-related data – Microsoft Dynamics SL makes it easier to manage compliance-related business documentation.Quickly store and associate backup documents with a specific screen for future reference or to provide proof of receipt. You can also use the Government Contractor report to keep up with U.S. government contractor regulations to help with any potential Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) inspections (if applicable).
9. Connect with innovative applications and technologies – Web services architecture allows companies to take advantage of the latest technological innovations, which leads to better performance and efficient application integrations for your current systems and those you adopt in the future. With web services, you can align your sales, service and back-office activities using Microsoft Dynamics CRM, a solution that works in conjunction with Microsoft Dynamics SL. You can also take advantage of full integration with other Microsoft products such as SQL Server, SharePoint, Project Server and of course Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel and Word.
10. Provide remote employees with convenient access to data 24/7 – With convenient web-based applications, keep people connected and ensure that your projects run smoothly from any location at any time. Using the Business Portal of Microsoft Dynamics SL, employees can complete any project-related task such as setting up projects, assigning resources, creating budgets and approving project transactions – all from the web.
With Microsoft Dynamics SL, your long-term investment is backed by Microsoft’s commitment to ongoing innovation with a 10-year support lifecycle for each major product release, as well as a rich Business Ready Enhancement Plan that includes unlimited online training, self-service support, and more.
If you need assistance with implementing a project-based financial ERP system, please contact the experts at NexusTek at 303.773.6464 or http://www.nexustek.com/contact-us/.